Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thing A Day update 1

So today I noticed that yellow.wood.goblin finally updated the Wood R4 source code on the woodrpg GoogleCode page, and as far as I can tell, this revision is fully up-to-date with the latest release (v1.12), so I've been compiling for the last 2 hours, hoping that my patch will build fine with the latest source.

I've had a few bumps along the way. The changelog for v1.11 indicated that the update included fixes for building on the latest toolchain, so I finally went ahead and updated my devkitARM and libnds to the latest versions and tried building the latest source. About 20 seconds in I had my first fatal build error. So the Wood firmwares are still not playing nice with the latest toolchain. I tried just downgrading libnds, hoping that the changelog wasn't mistaken and that at least I could build with the latest devkitARM, even if my libraries weren't entirely up-to-date. 20 minutes into the build and it seems to be going well, no problems yet.

...and then just as I finished typing that I ran into an error. Strangely, it's a permission denied error, which indicates the problem is one of those really weird ones that just decides to rear its ugly head for no apparent reason. Darn. Well, I need to go to bed, since I have work tomorrow.

Update: After reverting my toolchain to the older version, it built fine, and I'm up and running on Wood R4 v1.12 w/my 3in1+ patch :)

Also, I created a really awesome Super Metroid skin for Wood R4, since I couldn't find a single Metroid skin for the Acekard/Wood firmware.

My Super Metroid Ak2/Wood skin

No comments:

Post a Comment